Detail Job: Logistics Officer
Position: LOGISTICS / SUPPLY CHAIN
Location: West Africa
Industry: Other Industry
Job Description / Role / Responsibilities :Main functions:
The Logistics Officer will be responsible for the following:
- Direct the process which includes the planning, inventory control, logistics and distribution of our products in Ivory Coast.
- Ensure that every step of the process is functioning effectively to avoid costly delays and lost sales opportunities.
- Ensure delivery of products to customers is timely.
- Ensure effective and timely communication of the warehouse/logistics needs and objectives to the Logistics Manager, and the person responsible for Managing Inventory from the hub.
- Send stock reports to the office in Accra on time.
- Report on challenges regarding repacked products or products generally stored in warehouse.
- Cost Reduction and Process Improvement.
- Liaise with the Toller/Company authorized to repack products in order to have timelines for completion of toller jobs and also ensure high quality of repack.
- Ensure cost effective quality service or products are received (transportation of goods).
- Ensure effective and cordial management of the different vendors as well as good management of information in the company ERP, SBO (SAP Business One software).
- Assist with correct SBO (SAP) entries of local LPOs and generation of Sales Invoices.
- Assist with inventory/documentation and inventory forecast.
- Assist with documentation for import and export of our products.
- Assist with the procurement of products and logistics from related parties locally.
- Create new Business Partners in the SAP Business One software.
- Update existing Business Partner details in the SAP Business One software.
Candidat profile :
- Must be hardworking, detail oriented, proactive and a go-getter.
- Should have good interpersonal skills.
Qualifications and education requirements
- 1st Degree in Logistics or the Sciences.
- Prior knowledge of warehouse management will be an advantage.
- Must be able to communicate in English.
Preferred skillsKnowledge of SAP (SBO); MS Office Suite (Excel, word, powerpoint).
Additional information :