Reference : AFSCI/CDS/MA
Position : Other
Location : East Africa (Kenya)
Industry : Other Industry
Job Description / Role / Responsibilities :
- Establish and lead the Medical Affairs activities for African English Countries
- Actively contribute to the ongoing development of Medical Affairs in the Continent
- Keep up-to-date with scientific and medical knowledge in the areas of interest for the company (mainly Infectious Diseases/ microbiology and Acute care) in order to provide relevant advice to appropriate individuals within the company; attend pertinent sessions of healthcare-associated meetings (government, NGO, medical, patient, etc.); meet with KOLs/experts and healthcare providers and be knowledgeable in the relevant medical literature, developments and guidelines
- Identify, engage and develop long term relationships with current and rising thought leaders (KOLs, experts, others) in infectious diseases, laboratory medicine, critical care and other relevant specialties, as well as with key and relevant healthcare institutional personnel (laboratory personnel, infection control, pharmacists, etc.). Build a strong network of pertinent and relevant in order to obtain relevant consultations, advice, expert opinion, collaboration, guideline development, clinical studies, etc..
- Contribute to medical educational efforts - both internally and externally
- Identify potential research gaps and lead/contribute to local post market studies ( contact with investigators, creation and validation of study design, study monitoring, results analysis, etc.)
- Help increase the medical and scientific visibility of the company through scientific publications, symposia and workshops, participation in professional and medical societies and contacts with healthcare authorities
- Be the internal Medical Expert for the subsidiary or region, to inform corporate functions about local unmet medical needs and to provide appropriate medical expertise, when and if needed
Candidate profile :
- Degree in health sciences area (Medical doctor / Microbiologist PhD) with experience in the relevant clinical fields (such as clinical medicine, laboratory medicine, clinical trials). Pertinent and relevant experience or interactions with pharma/IVD industry will highly preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of hospital/clinical/medical issues and environment; experience in the management and design of clinical trials, reimbursement environment, regulatory affairs
- Experience with IVD products and/or clinical lab environment is highly desirable
- Proven track record of project management, teamwork, leadership, timely decision making and results orientation.
- Demonstrate high ethical and professional standards with all business contacts
- Strong interpersonal and diplomacy skills; creative problem-solving skills and decisiveness; excellent presentation and training skills
Additional information :